BEWARE: smoking weed can have dangerous side effects, such as never shutting the fuck up about the fact you smoke weed
Guardians Of The Galaxy
This will be spoiler free as far as plot goes but at the end i will be giving a small hint as to where the thread that weaves all marvel movies together breaks through the fabric of this film a tiny hint as in you won’t actually be able to see the hole, you’ll just have a general idea, anyway
(If you don’t want to know anything about this movie, don’t read this)
In no particular order of importance or personal preference
1) Karren fucking Gillan. I was pretty pleased with her performance. Seeing her as a giggling/head-in-the-clouds Amy Pond and then as her character in GOTG is like watching a caterpillar turn into a fucking dragon, completely different characters but both played beautifully. If you thought she was hot as Amy, prepare to think she’s hotter, and if you are physically attracted to her, you may orgasm in your seat cuz damn girl is hot. I understand that’s a fairly unimportant detail but hey, i like hot people, and who cares, her character is still interesting for different reasons i can’t reveal because no spoilers.
2) The scores. Holy shit. If you’re a score fanatic, these will please you exceedingly, they were wonderful, and the soundtrack was excellent too.
3) I am not a very emotional person with people, but i can be affected by a movie if it really moves me. I did cry, for multiple reasons (most because i was laughing so fucking hard) but if you get attached to characters, as most tumblr users seem to, then you will latch on like a fucking leech. These are perfectly ridiculous characters who you can’t help but loving. And the massive differences between them make them all the more wonderful as a group. You will fall in love with them. Embrace it.
4) The villains are basically advanced hornets ( i don’t mean they’re giant bees) but yeah, fucking hornets
5) Up (the disney movie) yeah, think about it when you watch the movie, and then try to argue with me on that. you’ll understand
6) Chris Pratt is perfectly flawless and you should all love him
7) This movie was funny as shit. The jokes range from puns and wordplay to dick jokes. They make many many references (most to things from the 80’s) this movie is at it’s core a very good movie but it’s a comedy too, and it’s and honest to god laugh out loud movie (they swear as much as they can as well so that adds some humor in it’s own right)
8) It’s a Marvel action movie, things explode and things crash and all that jazz and those effects are great, but it’s small stuff that mesmerizes you. Groot for example is beautiful, yeah he’s a giant tree, but he is beautiful, there are several scenes that will grab at your heart a little
9) As always, stay after the credits
that’s all i really wanna say, i’ve said a lot already, but it’s worth going to see
This is when you stop reading if you don’t want that tiny hint
If you’ve seen Thor, the Dark World, and you watched the after credit scene you’ll get a wonderful surprise, actually a few, and you definitely won’t be expecting them
ok friends i’m going to write my fucking review now god dammit
protesting outside of hobby lobby today in tulsa oklahoma!
Got a pin for coming to the non-3D midnight show!
…. that doesn’t look like a pin.
Looks like they’re guarding more than just the galaxy.
Of all a deer’s senses, their eyesight is the worst.
I don’t know what I was expecting but this was so much better than that
can someone write a book about this
people who track wishes and assign agents to make them happen
like a sci-fi fairy godmother sort of thing
Well that’s reassuring
Nebula and Gamora: adopted sisters, daughters of Thanos.
I remember watching the behind the scenes on this show. The creator of the show said that they got so much fan mail saying this show was the most realistic hospital show.
My parents both worked in the medical profession my whole life, and when I was watching them come home, I could see echoes of what this show did. All other medical shows were so much about the drama. This one nailed it. It nailed the good, the bad, and everything in between.
Also, I read that Scrubs was more medically accurate than House, Grey’s Anatomy, and every other medical show on TV
i watched the behind the scenes and the guy who had the idea for the show and was the consultant on the show was a doctor, as was his wife, so they really wanted to be medically accurate, so even if the general public who weren’t doctors didn’t know what they were talking about, any doctor would have been able to identify the accuracy
hipster blogs be like